What is Digital Signage?
Digital signage entails one or more display devices used in a commercial environment to present non static content, including but not limited to, computer generated video, photo-realistic graphics, text and animation. It is a dynamic venue of signage opposed to static billboards and posters.
Display devices that may be used for digital signs include LCD, CRT and plasma monitors and projectors.
The material shown on these displays can be updated anytime via a computer network like the Internet. Put simply, all networked displays anywhere can be controlled via a central location.
"The market has hit the point where flat panel technology and the software required to drive the signage has become affordable ..... retailers can expect to gain advertising revenue on the floor and street shops can attract passing trade via digitally animated content. The technology exists....now"
Do you need a remote content delivery system for your business?
The retail market is becoming increasingly visual.
Marketers, retailers and manufacturers are looking for new ways to reach new customers.
Likewise, consumers expect more from retailers. Consumers are always hunting for the right product to meet their expectations and budget. They need to be communicated these products and services.
Interactive digital signage systems allow retailers to communicate their products, services, specials and company information to consumers in a visually appealing and informative way. Retailers have the ability to send a tailored message, for just the right audience, at just the right time; thereby generating the desired results.
Commercial applications include Retail in-store communication, bank messaging, real-time stocks, menu-board in Quick Service restaurants, outdoor L.E.D displays. All these sectors can take advantage of what dynamic digital signage can offer.
"The market has hit the point where flat panel technology and the software required to drive the signage has become affordable. Small and large operators can take advantage of the digital revolution in a cost effective way. Retailers can expect to gain advertising revenue on the floor and street shops can attract passing trade via digitally animated content. The technology exists and we have it available now and it is affordable.", claims Jim Paleologos, Managing Director of Elite Screens Australia.
Elite Screens Australia (ESA), are flat panel specialists. They have the technology and expertise that will meet your content delivery needs. With the integration ESA's digital signage solution, commercial clients can deliver content to remote locations, keeping all networked media displays up-to-date.
- Stable and reliable playback 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, scalable to over 1000 display units.
- Data-driven text crawl with controllable speed & direction.
- Play back several media instantaneously.
- Dynamic over the air updates from server from anywhere to anywhere.
- TV look and feel, providing seamless assemblies and special effects.
- Deliver content via Macromedia Flash and Shockwave®, Power Point®, video, images, html, TV Tuner and input feeds.
- Organize and distribute content over screens according to broadcasting groups and sub-groups.
- Manage your media library, define validity periods and durations per media clip.
- Drag and drop sequences in play lists, define ranks and schedule them depending on date, time, period, day of the week.
- Management of your dynamic network signage distributed to several locations and administered separately. For instance, networks can subcontract the hardware monitoring to a maintenance company while keeping the content and distribution management.
- Screen splitting with for each area dedicated programs and timeline.
- Picture in picture (P.I.P.) to show real-time information. For example, including stock quote feeds from databases or animations.
The ESA network administrator can know at any time of the day if any screen is down, any ESA player is up and running ensuring all play lists and media are in place.
Play back analysis
Playback certification proving placement per media clip, screen, geographical zone or even a marketing-oriented typology.
See the technology come together for yourself
For more information on what digital signage can do for your business contact Elite Screens Australia or 02 9662 8797 9am-5pm Weekdays.
Article written by Elite Screens Australia (ESA) for the LCD TV Buying Guide. ESA are a team of computer engineers specialising in flat panel technology. © 2005 Elite Screens Australia